Project List : Find A . Dance
Various things to do and long-term goals for the Find A . Dance calendar.
- (in progress) Check with all known dance groups to get their events listed on the FindA.Dance & FWD calendar.
- Verify contact form works.
- (started) Calendar Covage page – list of events/groups and their host locations/social/web.
- Speed optimization: improve load speed and make it even friendlier for mobiles. PRIORITY FOR MOBILE LOAD TIME.
- Learn CSS for making integrated Calendars pretty.
- Optimize print solution 2.
- Learn Google API and coding:
- Create an automated “upcoming event” module for the mainpage and related calendars.
- e.g., “The next event is _” or “this week’s events are _”
- Find a way for Submit Event to lead directly to Google Cal (or) open Google Cal to respective group leaders.
- Learn how to program a Facebook bot for the Facebook page to send out automated updates to dancers that want to be notified on Facebook.
- Considering: content distribution schedule for upcoming dances per-week. e.g., sent on Mondays with a brief list of upcoming events for the week + weekend.
- [2/6] Refine the Submit Event form and test for efficiency/simplicity.
- [2/6] Verify print solution 1. → finda.dance/print
- [2/6] Separate Ballroom / WCS / Latin into independent calendars on Google and make them sort-able on FindA.Dance.